Saw this on Caitlin’s blog and had to steal it.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like them both. Though I made some egg nog pound cake that was to die for.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrapped or in a gift bag.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We never decorate the outside of the house. And we have colored lights on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? It varies from year to year, but when I was attending college it was generally right after Thanksgiving so that everyone was home and could participate.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? This incredibly delicious mix of carrots and turnips that my grammy makes. It’s so good.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I don’t know if I have any favorite memories… the Christmas that I had the chicken pox was memorable, but not in a good way…
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I found Santa’s outfit in the linen closet, put it on, and went downstairs where my parents were sitting. They kind of had to explain it at that point.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. It’s definitely a tradition!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ornaments from throughout the years, an angel on the top, and lights!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I’ve grown up in Maine, and went to school in Vermont. I hate/dread snow. Not a fan.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Though I hardly go ice skating… the few times that I have gone recently were with the kids from the mentoring program I was in while in college.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Probably a book about Mother Theresa my grandmother gave me signed by the author.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My aunt has a cake that she makes and we sing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus and eat cake.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have a DVD of TranSiberian Orchestra music that we all watch as a family.
17. What tops your tree? The same angel for as long as I can remember.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like both. Though I love the look on people’s faces when they get a really great gift that they were not expecting.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I don’t really have one… I’m not a huge fan of Christmas shows.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? “The Christmas Shoes” which is a song about a boy trying to buy shoes for his mother, who is dying. He doesn’t have enough money for them and the guy waiting in line behind him gives him the money. It’s a beautiful but sad song.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I don’t really think I have a favorite…. there are so many good Christmas songs!